View Single Post
Old December 13 2008, 08:13 AM   #16
Lynx
Rear Admiral

Re: "Fury" Kes, a Mirror Kes?

Akiraprise wrote: View Post
I actually do like the episode "Fury." Even as a fan of Kes. It's a fun episode, action packed, and it features the Vidiians again who are one of my favorite villains. For my own personal canon, if you will, I accept the String Theory books explanation for the Kes we saw in "Fury." Just because I don't see the friendly Kes we last saw in "The Gift" twisting so far evil as to want to kill all of the friends she made on Voyager. Not just kill them but actually torture the crew by having the Vidiians remove their vital organs.
Sorry, but I can't see any "fun" in that sadistic episode where a favorite character was destroyed in the most diabolical way.

The Vidiians were great villains in seasons 1 and 2 but it was only stupid to have them back in this horrible episode.

And no, the real Kes would never do such things to her best friends. Only a sadist who really hate the character (and obviously her fans too) would come up with such an insane scenario.

Without being too melodramatic, I will never forgive Rick Berman, Brannon Braga and Bryan Fuller for that episode. Did you know that Braga and Fuller actually did spend a Christmas, figuring out that diabolical scenario? The true spirit of Christmas, wasn't it? And a real Christmas gift to the Kes fans. But what can be expected from such ?

Welcome to visit the Kes Website at:http://www.lynx677.tk/
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote