View Single Post
Old December 7 2008, 05:20 PM   #19
T'Baio
Admiral

Re: The Dark Knight: Oscar Bound?

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
I dunno. I mean Fincher has Se7en and Fight Club, two of the greatest films ever in my opinion, but Christopher Nolan has Memento, Insomnia, The Prestige, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight...five of my favorite films of all time, so I'm a bit biased.

I definitely think Fincher is more than deserving for a Best Director Oscar (I'll also agree Michael Mann is overdo, much like Martin Scorsese was) but I'm a huge fan of Nolan so naturally I'm going to lean in his direction (ha, no pun intended).

I forgot to mention Zodiac! What a truly terrific film. Roger Ebert calls it his best, but I'm still stuck between choosing Se7en and Fight Club on most days (with a slight edge going to Se7en most of the time).
Se7en, The Game, Fight Club, Panic Room, Zodiac. All great films. Even Alien 3, if you look past the studio interference, you can see Fincher's brilliance. Then on top of that, he's done some of the best commercials and music videos of all time. "The Smoking Fetus" commercial for the American Cancer Society was brilliant.

I have to say, though it is tough, Se7en is his best film.
On Facebook
T'Baio is offline   Reply With Quote