View Single Post
Old December 5 2008, 08:26 PM   #5
Hermiod
Admiral

Re: Secret Invasion: The End - SPOILERS!

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I really enjoyed Secret Invasion (I only read the main series) as a whole. Yu's art was absolutely gorgeous, colorful, packed full of characters. I just want to wallpaper my walls with all the panels of this comic. The story was huge, epic, and action-packed with so many shocking plot twists.

My only complaint is that more heroes should have died. The Wasp was a prominent death to be sure but did ANY other major character die in the entire run?
I don't think so.

The ending twist was pretty cool as well. I don't read any other Marvel comics but I read articles about them, but this is a very promising lead-in to future stories.
I was very confused to see Namor and Emma Frost in there, I thought they were good guys.
Emma is supposed to be, but you never know with her. I do not and never will buy Namor as a hero.

I think the nicest thing about the ending though is making Iron Man into the pariah. It's about time he got his comeuppance for the Civil War. And if the US military refuses to use any Stark Tech, wouldn't that bankrupt his entire company?
Possibly, possibly not. He possibly sells technology to America's allies, and I doubt he only sells weapons these days. Plus, he personally cleaned up during rebuilding after the Civil War.

One thing I never felt was sufficiently explained was the Skrull's motivation. "He loves you", God loves you... I felt like this was leading to some huge revelation that never happened. I think read somewhere that in the Hercules tie-in they found the Skrull God and killed him... is that what the entire "he loves you" thing was based around? There wasn't any mention of this in the main series.
Only in issue #6. Veranke says "He loves you", Fury asks who she means and she says "God". He simply replies that his God (Thor is standing right next to him) has a Hammer and then the fight begins.

Also as a Marvel newbie, how the hell is Norman Osbourne a member of fine standing in the eyes of the US government, that they would put him in charge of the Thunderbolts and Shield-Deux? I just read a recent Bendis comic called The Pulse where Osbourne was arrested and convicted for killing a reporter as the Green Goblin and this was from back in 2004 or so!
They put him in charge of the Thunderbolts, which as you may know, is a group of supervillains kept on a short leash. He's very skilfully made them look decidedly heroic at the expense of real heroes (like Spider-Man recently) in several incidents. Killing the Skrull leader has done his image no harm at all.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote