View Single Post
Old December 2 2008, 09:54 PM   #142
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Sigils and Unions--The Thirteenth Order

CeJay wrote: View Post
Starfleet and Cardassians seems to work relatievely well in the beginning stages of this operation. Folani, I'm getting the impression, is still very much a wild card and might cause problems later on.

It's going to be baptism by fire for this unlikely alliance. I'm looking forward to find out how well they do when the chips are down.

Great stuff.
Keep your eye on Speros, as well. I don't think he's any happier than Folani with this. That little spat could've been a lot worse if Daro hadn't cut it off.

Not only is he coming into this with an attitude...but that little side conversation didn't help. I think the other Cardassians realized that species with stronger hearing wouldn't necessarily realize what they were doing, but from Speros' perspective, Folani tried to deliberately cut him and the other Cardassians out of the pattern, right to their faces.

Mistral wrote: View Post
Excellent, tense scene. Your characters are solidifying into individuals(despite the large number of them) and their interplay is(damn, TLR used the word I wanted!) well, it holds a reader in place and focused.
Thanks! I'm very glad you feel the characters stand apart from each other in personality. That's something I've definitely been trying to give a lot of attention to.