View Single Post
Old November 29 2008, 10:43 AM   #163
DWMarch
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Destiny: Lost Souls - Discuss/Grade

Wow, awesome book. I just got it today and started reading it at about 7pm. I had it finished by 1am.

I might post a longer review later but I have to thank Mr. Mack for one scene in particular that I've been hoping for for a long time. It's the scene where President Bacco says (paraphrased): "I don't care what Picard has to do, he has my permission to do it. And he will be pardoned for it if it's really illegal." As a fan of 24, I've been wanting a president to say this to Jack Bauer for a long time. It was an excellent scene, a bit of common sense prevailing where no common sense has prevailed before.

I'm also curious as to why Seven's skull didn't cave in when her other implants disappeared.

The only aspect of the Borg as corrupted Celiar that didn't quite work for me was the involvement of humans in the process. Voyager said humans were designated Species 5618. But if two or three humans were the first drones, they should have been Species 2. I guess the Borg didn't start giving out Species designations right away.
DWMarch is offline   Reply With Quote