View Single Post
Old November 28 2008, 09:05 PM   #152
The Grim Ghost
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek: Destiny: Lost Souls - Discuss/Grade

I GUESS I can cut some Picard some slack, seeing that he did save the universe recently .

I went back and read the Picard scenes in the book again. It isn't that they are bad or out of character for his frame of mind. I think what really bothered me about it in the end is that he basically contributed nothing. Actually he hindered the mission. He may as well not have even been there, he could have just taken a long nap and let Worf command. I'm not saying that Picard always has to be the one to save the day, but he should always be a major player, especially in this situation. He only formulated one real plan, and let Geordi of all people change his mind about it, so that doesn't count. Crying on the holodeck during a full on Borg invasion is so pathetic. He is supposed to be a Starfleet captain and put his personal feelings on the backburner, especially in a HUGE crisis like this. So yeah, this really did bug me (though it was still well written).

Also, why is Ezri so respectful of Picard at the end? Based on his actions in this book she should think his reputation is overrated and basically think that he should retire.