View Single Post
Old November 26 2008, 08:23 PM   #131
The Grim Ghost
Fleet Captain
Re: Star Trek: Destiny: Lost Souls - Discuss/Grade

Well I just finished up the Destiny Trilogy. I really enjoyed book 3, almost as much as I enjoyed the 1st two installments.

My only real problem was Picard's treatment in the book. There was a logical explanation yes, but I felt like he may as well not have been there. He didn't really accomplish anything or help much. Even worse he spends a lot of his time bitching about his ready room and crying on the holodeck. Even considering his emotional state at the time, acting like this while the Federation was about to be destroyed came off as really weak. I feel really let down by Picard's actions in this book. I also feel like his actions are going to be brushed under the rug since by the end we are back to 'happy Picard'. I hope someone addresses this in a future novel.

I continue to tolerate Dax, though she is never a high point for me. I would really like to see her taken down a peg or two.

Great to see Bateson pop up again. Martok's scenes were cool. Bacco is always a treat. The Borg origin and resolution was logical, entertaining and well thought out. I really enjoyed Geordi's scene a lot and I hope we will be seeing more of him soon.

Despite my small criticisms I really liked the whole Trilogy and I'm excited about where things are going from here. Great work David!
Life looks better in black and white.
The Grim Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote