View Single Post
Old November 24 2008, 04:42 PM   #194
Fleet Captain
Re: Star Trek: Destiny: Mere Mortals - SPOILER Thread

Strider wrote: View Post
What a cool book. I caught the references to the starships Saladin and T'Kumbra toward the end there. Guess it's probably curtains for Captain Solok and the Logicians. I'm also really liking this Captain Dax all the sudden. With everything going to hell, she basically told Picard that she was going to head straight into the worst of it and go after the Borg Queen and he can try and keep up. Pretty badass.
Pretty stupid, you mean. There's nothing badass about taking a rusty knife to a machine gun fight.

All in all, I don't understand why people keep saying that they're tired of the Borg. Why aren't you tired of the Kilingons? Why aren't you tired of the Vulcans? Why aren't you tired of the Romulans? It just makes no sense to me at all.

This book was so damn good, the second I finished it Sunday, I went to and ordered the third one. This is the kind of thing we should have seen on television. A full scale Borg invasion.

What I want to know though, is who is the Child of the Storm? Is that a throwaway species or are they relevant to the story?

By the way, that scene with the green-skinned Takaran woman taking out the 2 Hirogen warriors was sick-cool!
The Legend of Stratus Janice

"The Face of Boe they called me."
Luminus is offline   Reply With Quote