View Single Post
Old November 21 2008, 04:35 PM   #84
Christopher
Writer

Re: Star Trek: Destiny: Lost Souls - Discuss/Grade

bennyrex wrote: View Post
I had been looking forward to 'Greater than the Sum' ever since I learned Bennett would be writing a book with the Borg, because I thought that would be how Christopher would tackle the Borg. That he'd find the creative peacemakers solution. When the ending to that was essentially destroying the Borg threat, I thought "Man, if Chris can't find a non-violent way of handling the Borg, no one can."
Well, keep in mind that I already knew what Dave was doing in Destiny, so I had to do something different. Plus,

I will say that writing the combat scenes was a very unpleasant experience for me; I don't like getting into the heads of protagonists who are killing people. So it's not an experience I'm eager to repeat anytime soon. I think you'll find Over a Torrent Sea a sufficiently nonviolent reading experience.

JD wrote: View Post
I have a quick spoilery question, and I'm just looking for a general answer here, nothing to specific. Is the huge impact this has simply the amount of destruction the Borg cause, or is there something big that happens in the story, other than what's been mentioned here?
There are a number of major developments aside from destruction, both on a galactic and a personal level.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote