View Single Post
Old November 21 2008, 08:28 AM   #80
bennyrex
Lieutenant

Re: Star Trek: Destiny: Lost Souls - Discuss/Grade

A review... well... a response. I don't trust myself to write any sort of critical review the way I'm feeling right now. Before I get into spoilers, I want to share a story with anyone who isn't sure whether they want to read this trilogy or not. Now, I *am* an emotional person, but I've never experienced anything like this while reading a book.

I was reading a key sequence of the book on the subway. It was the sequence involving five planets. I was drawn into the book so intensely and so violently, I have no memory whatsoever what was going on in the real world. I got to the end of the sequence where there was some breathing room. I felt myself physically coming back into the real world from the Star Trek world I was experiencing. As this was happening, I heard someone near me say. "Wow. That was so cute". I looked up, and everyone I looked at was either staring at me, or darting their eyes away so that they wouldn't look like they were staring at me. I have no idea whatsoever what I did while I was reading to garner such attention. No clue. But I've never been the centre of attention on the subway before either consciously or unconsciously like that... that's how affected I was. Go read this book! It's one of a kind.

Alright, that's my emotional written outpouring. OH!

I almost forgot!

David - You got to talk to Geddy Lee? AWESOME! And he's reading/read the trilogy? (at least that's what I got from the acknowledgments...) AMAZING!

I can not WAIT to read all the follow-ups that are coming out over the next year. I'm watching the Star Trek world grow and change, and I love what I'm seeing, the directions things are going in. This is a world I know I'm going to continue to be amazed by as more and more adventures unfold.

Last edited by bennyrex; November 21 2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: grammar error.
bennyrex is offline   Reply With Quote