View Single Post
Old November 20 2008, 07:55 AM   #9
cardinal biggles
Danny Donkey hates you

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles
Re: Bond: Favorite Bill Tanner?

ClayinCA wrote: View Post
Chris227 wrote: View Post
The first one was Michael Goodliffe, who appeared briefly in The Man With The Golden Gun.
Wow, I don't remember this at all...where was he? I must be getting old...
According to the Wikipedia article, he's in M's office at the beginning of the film, when they show Bond the letter and the gold bullet with "007" engraved on it. He's never identified by name in the scene.

Come to think of it, I don't think he's identified by name in For Your Eyes Only either; Frederick Gray (the Minister of Defence) and Tanner are in M's office (standing in for the deceased Bernard Lee), but Bond only greets them as "Minister... Chief of Staff." It's not until GoldenEye that we see Bond and Tanner as friends (though I can't remember if that was established in Fleming, or not until the Gardner novels when Tanner became a regular supporting character).

In response to the OP, my favorite Tanner would have to be Michael Kitchen, since he's the only one so far to even have a semblance of a character.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote