View Single Post
Old November 17 2008, 08:48 PM   #102
the Dagman
Commodore

Re: Smallville 8x09 "Abyss" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Um. This is the last season.

We're half way through the last season.

So why erase Chloe's memory and possibly Lex's, an maybe Lana's again if she blips on his radar if we are almost with in range of there being no need for it being easier for them to tell stories because there will be no more movies to tell...

Surely this is when they don't have to worry about confusing and losing a thick audience who can't handle COMPLICATED shows like Smallville...

Unless they think they're going to get some movies just because Star Trek did, or this isn't the last season? I mean certainly i had thought it was the last seaosn fo rthe last three years now. it's like you're running a marathon barefoot over broken glass and the administrator adds some surprise laps when ou thought you could see the finish line.

bastards.
Actually, no one outside of reporters have said this is the last season. And they have been saying that since season 4 started, thinking the show would end with Clark and Co.'s high school graduation.

Given that this is one of the CW's highest rated shows I would say that if anything is in danger of the axe of cancellation, it is the CW itself. If it survives, and with the demise of The Graysons (Smallville's potential replacement) in it's planning infancy, Smallville will survive for at least another season.