View Single Post
Old November 17 2008, 11:49 AM   #135
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Quantum of Solace - Grading & Discussion

Good Will Riker wrote: View Post
^^^

Not me. Quantum of Solace belongs with the other sophomore EON James Bond productions that have gone wrong such as The Man with the Golden Gun and Tomorrow Never Dies.

I own all of the previous 007 films (Including Never Say Never Again) on DVD, but I plan on skipping purchasing Quantum of Solace on Blu-ray and go straight to purchasing the 3rd Daniel Craig 007 film on Blu-ray in 2011.

Nowadays, box-office is only half of the tell-tale sign with the other being DVD/Blu-ray sales to see if a film still has "legs" after its initial theatrical release.

Compare the DVD and Blu-ray sales of Iron Man flying off of the store shelves while you still see crates full of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystall DVDs and Blu-rays still remaining on the store shelves.

Like Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Quantum of Solace will cater more to completists than casual moviegoers who saw the film in theatres. And, in all honesty, had Quantum of Solace not been an official EON canon James Bond film, this film would be forgotten in 5 years.

What a mediocre action film! I actually rank Speed 2: Cruise Control, The Fast and the Furious, 2 Fast 2 Furious, The Matrix Reloaded, and The Matrix Revolutions above this film, and I thought those films were terrible!

As bad as Die Another Day and Moonraker were, at least they were fun to watch. This wasn't.

To think while thousands of quality films will be long forgotten throughout our lifetime, if we live to the age of 90 this poor action film will still be on the store shelves repackaged as part of the James Bond 007 collection for new audiences for decades to come.

You are entitled to your opinion, however melodramatic you choose to make it.

However, having seen the film this evening, I can say with full confidence that while you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that, I also heartily disagree, from the perspective of a viewer, fan, writer, artist and critic. Wholly, qualitatively, and sincerely, I disagree with you.