View Single Post
Old November 16 2008, 01:31 AM   #96
Barbados Slim
Rear Admiral

Re: Quantum of Solace - Grading & Discussion

It was emotionally similar to Bourne Supremacy, where the plot of both films are driven by the character's rage and desperate need for answers. And they both have similar scenes, the quiet moment in a Russian apartment.

That said, I hated that the car chase was filmed like a Bourne movie, as well as the chase for Mitchell. I do love a lot of the fight choreography, Craig is awesome with the stunts. My favorite is probably when he smacked the handlebars of the Haitian's bike and stole it. I liked Camille, didn't care for Strawberry Fields, in that she was unnecessary and the actress wasn't very good. Greene wasn't much of an imposing villain.

Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed the film. While CR was better, this is still a good sign that Bond films are getting smarter. It was basically what Licence to Kill failed to be. I felt like we had to go on this journey because I was a huge fan of Vesper Lynd but I'm ready for the next one to show a Bond that enjoys his work and has fun. I just hope they don't go overboard.

And my theater didn't show the Trek trailer
Barbados Slim is offline   Reply With Quote