View Single Post
Old November 15 2008, 06:38 PM   #84
propita
Rear Admiral

Re: Quantum of Solace - Grading & Discussion

Tom Servo wrote:
So a bit off topic...but to anyone who saw it already, was there a Trek XI trailer attached to it?

YES!!!!!

Looked better than I thought it would. We'll see what happens.

I agree with the posters about Bond's rage. Of course he wasn't showing a huge range of emotions--he was only feeling one, rage. Leading to revenge.

Overall, I enjoyed the film. I wasn't expecting Shakespeare, just to be entertained and move the storyline along.

As for Quantum staying such a mystery--well how could one movie go from "We don't know anything about them, even that they existed" to "Yeah, here's the dirt on Quantum, this is what they're about, who're members, what they're doing and where they're doing it"?

It needs build up.

As for Bond/M--very nice attachment is shown. He says she acts like she sometimes thinks she his mother. And he dotes on her, in his way. And part of his reason for going (besides Vesper) is because "they tried to kill a friend of mine." M, I assume. But she worries about him, worries she's lost him to his rage. His line to her at the end, that he had "never left" was a nice touch: Reassurance that he's still there and that he's past his rage. Reproachment for doubting him in the first place.

I figured the reason Bond let the b/f live was because slow torture for info has got to be worse than a quick death at Bond's hands.

Last edited by propita; November 15 2008 at 07:01 PM. Reason: eta
propita is online now   Reply With Quote