View Single Post
Old November 13 2008, 11:50 PM   #46
TedShatner10
Commodore

Re: Quantum of Solace - Grading & Discussion

Starkers wrote: View Post
I agree, QOS is a good solid Bond film, and I wonder if, with time, it'll be Daniel Craig's Tomorrow Never Dies which seems to get better press these days for being what it is, good solid Bond.
I personally always preferred Tomorrow Never Dies to the fun, but overrated GoldenEye, and I'm genuinely puzzled why Tomorrow Never Dies is only 56% on Rotten Tomatoes. It was financially successful, but always seemed to be underrated amongst critics and fans, even in comparison to the obnoxious Die Another Day.

There was a plot in there, although perhaps it wasn't explained enough using small words? Maybe MAthis could have repeated his Poker for Dummies dialague from the last film??.
Quantum of Solace's storyline was successful at establishing the Quantum syndicate as influencial, dangerous, and secretive criminal group with unlimited resources, without becoming too OTT. But with an evil organization like Quantum we're inevitably going to move up from regular terrorism in the West and corporate exploitation in the Third World to more sci-fi orientated schemes involving taking over the world; I can feel it in the water.
TedShatner10 is offline   Reply With Quote