View Single Post
Old November 12 2008, 05:06 AM   #18
Mirror_Barclay
Lieutenant Commander

Re: 3 Possibilities for Series VI

T'Cal wrote: View Post
At risk of repeating myself, IMHO TOS should stay at the theaters and TNG et.al. should stay on TV. TOS focuses mostly on 3 main characters, which is fine for an epic 2-hour movie. But TNG-style stories deal with ensamble casts and their relationships with each other and perpheral characters, which is better handled as episodic TV. If STXI is successful, I figure we'll see at least 2 sequels. With that kind of interest generated among teens and adults, a CGI TV series could attract them and kids, which opens up a huge market for toys. I'm hoping for a 25th century setting with only a few know characters from TNG, DS9, and VOY.
I think that's a good distinction. An ensemble cast takes advantage of what TV can do better than any other medium.

I'm not opposed to bringing on a character or two from previous 25th century Trek, but I'm not sure who there is who would bring a lot of fans or media attention, but whose stories haven't been fully explored. I'm not a huge fan of Riker (whose name gets tossed around by some fans for captaining the next series); I'd love to see more of Ezri, but how many people would know who that is?
Mirror_Barclay is offline   Reply With Quote