View Single Post
Old November 10 2008, 01:48 AM   #163
Blamo
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek: Destiny: Mere Mortals - SPOILER Thread

Really enjoyed the story and rather annoyingly found I couldn't put the book down, reading from cover to the back in one go.

Erika - On so many levels I've really enjoyed Erika's character and she's quickly become my favourite character in this book series. Her plight over 800+ years has been gripping and has led to me practicing restraint on not skipping to the next bit of her story.
Her relationship with with Inyx is also rather interesting, seemingly on the border between friend and romantic interest. I do have a fear though, based on a few of his comments (specifically about her obedience), that it'll turn out her thinks of her more as a pet.
Also was it the authors intent to make her almost irresistable? Intelligent, still manages to have a spark of fire after 800 years of captivity, capable and attractive. Oh and powerful. Not to mention the olympian goddess invoking descriptions. [sarcasm]Yup, nothing there for me to like[/sarcasm]

Caelier - I just love this race, seriously. They're one of the few races we've seen in Trek that are powerful beyond measure and are for the most part very "moral" beings. Yet with few exceptions they have no real hypocrasy, even when their own lives are at stake. It's really rather hard to feel anything overly negative for them.

I have to say I've been really enjoying all the recent Trek books from everybody.
Blamo is offline   Reply With Quote