View Single Post
Old November 4 2008, 10:40 AM   #244
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: Let's Talk About Horror Fiction and Film

Spaceman Spiff wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Halloween III is the only Halloween movie I ever enjoyed.
I enjoyed some of the others, as you know, but I think Halloween III gets a bad rap. I get what they were trying to do, and I agree with it. We could have had many different movies based on the season, instead of recycling.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was looking forward to: A long term anthology. Imagine how many we'd have by now.

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
I either have or have seen all of the cool 1930s movies they showed, but Torture Garden and Twice Told Tales were new to me; TTT is actually worth buying, if it's on DVD.
It is, as part of the Midnite Movies line. (And wow--$5.49? Snatch that baby up while it's still in print.)
Done!

I didn't end up doing the TCM list. I let my wife pick which one to watch after dinner, and funnily enough, she chose Mad Monster Party? After she went to bed, I watched Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein. Not terribly creative Hallowe'en viewing, but I'd been in the mood for them since doing captures for avatars and Caption This.
Mad Monster Party? is addictive. And there has to be a viewing of at least one classic Universal movie on Halloween.