View Single Post
Old November 3 2008, 12:03 PM   #111
Hermiod
Admiral

Re: Smallville 8x07 "Identity" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILER>

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Well I'd say Heroes' biggest "Smallville moment" was Nathan bleeding out with critically injured organs and being declared dead, then coming back to life and no one thinks twice about it.
Nobody thought twice about it ? It was on the news!

Could you imagine on BSG when Starbuck came back from the dead, if no one gave it a second thought? No one wondering where she's been, if she's a Cylon trick, if she's a Cylon, or Apollo -- who saw her die -- simply shrugging it off like it was no big deal?
No, I can't imagine that happening, largely because it didn't. The retroactive previously on segments did.

I know Ron and co got themselves in to a mess with the whole excised Baltar/Sagittarons storyline and as such they had to do something to explain why Helo was running Dogsville, but pretending that we'd just forgotten wasn't exactly the way to go.

Characters being promoted or demoted off-screen isn't the same as an incomplete story coming back from commercial break completely ignored.
I am not sure what specific Smallville storyline you have a problem with here. If you're talking about Chloe's apparent death after healing Lois' injuries, then I'm not sure there's a problem.

Yes, Chloe was declared dead but that's easily fixed. Chloe was able to invent an entire identity for Kara, I doubt it would be all that difficult for her to erase the records of her death considering that it did not look like the medical examiner had performed an autopsy.

As I said, I don't hold Smallville up to the same standards as Heroes or Battlestar Galactica.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote