View Single Post
Old November 2 2008, 08:21 PM   #34
BRG
Commander

Sensational end to a sensational season!

WOW!!! That was an unbelievable end to F1 championship! Both drivers must have been at opposite ends of the emotional spectrum, only for it to be flipped on its head in the last seconds as Glock's dry tyres finally gave out in the rain,

Many congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on what will surly be the first of many World Titles. He never looked his usual racey self all weekend, but played a clever, cautious game which would have easily gave him the glory if not for the dramatic weather change.
I have said before, I am not a fan, I find him arrogant in the extream and he just rubs me the wrong way. But he is one of the most exciting drivers I have ever seen, and a worthy WDC.

Poor Filipe Massa. What more could the boy have done? As good as Lewis has been, Massa has matched him all year, had to best his team leader and defending champion, and overcome a hostile media who just did not rate him as top drawer. Yet in the end it was his team that let him down, the engine failure in Hungary and the pit-stop disaster in Singapore robbed him twice of certain victory, and would have given him an easy title.
He did benifit from some very dubious decisions by the FIA, but even the most ardent Hamilton fan must have felt his heartbreak at the end of his home GP, told he had won the title, only for Glock to fall apart on the home straight at hand it back to Lewis.

Fine race for Alonso & Vettel, who were excellent all year. Good to see Kimi back fighting, hopefully a title challeng by him next season. And Glock again continued his fine season, who was blameless as he fell away at the death.

So once again well done Lewis Hamilton, our 9th British F1 World Champion and first since Damon Hill in 1996, and McLaren's 6th World Champin drive, and the first since Mika Hakkinen in 1999.
And also congratulations to Ferarri who again won the WCC, just a pity the champion team let down Massa in his quest for the WDC.

Roll on 2009!
BRG
Scottish League Cup Winners- 2012
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote