View Single Post
Old November 2 2008, 12:29 AM   #91
MMCL
Lieutenant

Re: Star Trek: Destiny: Mere Mortals - SPOILER Thread

I am newcomer to Trek fiction - in the last three/four months I have devoured nearly 70 books, give or take. I am absolutely loving them, and the Destiny trilogy is easily going to be one of my faves (and one to re-read many many times).

A few cracking moments for me:

- The argument between Troi and Vale on the balcony reminded me of badass Troi pretending to be a Romulan Tal'Shiar member. I don't find Troi out of character or annoying - just struggling with difficult emotions.
- The whole Erika story is quite fascinating, especially Erika's interaction with Inyx. It is one of the real draws to the trilogy.
- Captain Dax just 'feels' right in my opinion, loving her interaction with Picard. Also really like the development of Sam Bowers.
- Anything Christine Vale does is just amazing - she is a great character - more Vale please.
- I have really enjoyed the Presidential stuff (I just bought Articles of the Federation because of the bits in this trilogy!)
- Riker's decision to leave was interesting but wholly in character and something I was hoping for (all three ships leading uberfight against the Borg) however I do wonder what will happen to Erika when she leaves as it was quite clear she couldn't.

Can't wait for the last part to come out.
MMCL is offline   Reply With Quote