View Single Post
Old October 31 2008, 10:10 PM   #72
Re: Smallville 8x07 "Identity" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILER>

Othello wrote: View Post
Let's see.. we got Chloe Sullivan the liar who can't be honest with her soon to be HUSBAND! We got Chloe Sullivan the MURDERER! And I know the excuses will fly about brainiac but quite frankly Brainiac WOULD NOT go out of his way to protect Clark like that.
Well, I don't think it was supposed to be Brainiac in the strictest sense.

As I said before, it seems that Chloe is beginning to show signs of schizophrenia. It's almost as if the Brainiac "program" (if you will) is slowling overwriting her subconscious. And, as for now, all it can do is redirect her moral compass.

Or, the other thing is they could simply be going for the tired "absolute power corrupts" motif which I alluded to before with the Dark Willow comparison. You know, ever the side kick but gets a taste of real power and wants to go play in the Bullies' sandbox.

Overalla pretty darn good epeisode though. I'm really enjoying the season though I still think it lacks something big without the Luthors.
No kidding. They lost the two best actors on the show and replaced them with more model-turned-actor-wannabes.

On another note it REALLY annoys me when they go out of their way to put down the abilities and uch of other heroes. I have WAY more respect for a Batman or Green Arrow type that actually REALLY risk their lives every time they suit up than a pretty much indestructible superhero. It takes WAY more courage and guts to do what Ollie does that what Clark does.
Well the drama in Superman isn't supposed to be about him risking his life or any of that. Unfortunately, the Smallville people usually fail to grasp that concept. Non the less, there have been several times over the run of the show where Clark legitimately put his life on the line to save someone. And I don't mean with the krypto-freaks of the week either.
If you can read this signature, you're dying.
CorporalClegg is offline   Reply With Quote