View Single Post
Old October 29 2008, 06:40 AM   #32
Ryan Thomas Riddle
Rear Admiral

View Ryan Thomas Riddle's Twitter Profile
Re: Nolan 'Unsure' about Batman Sequel

theenglish wrote: View Post
middyseafort wrote: View Post
Although, I like the idea of a more intimate movie rather than a huge epic film like TDK which I enjoyed a great deal. I'd like a third film to be something where the drama is more intimate and claustrophobic. Moreover, I'd like to see the detective aspect of Batman take center stage rather than being peripheral to the story. Perhaps a Hard Boiled or Noir Batman movie. A story of detection in which Gordon must enlist, on the sly, Batman to solve a crime of the underworld instead of going directly against a big name villain. Perhaps a gruesome murder which, like in many good Noir/Hard Boiled stories, only leads Batman into a deeper web of deceit and lurid behavior.
I like this idea quite a bit. Perhaps, since he is left to his own devices, Bruce Wayne will be pressed to become that brilliant scientist, psychologist, and detective that Batman is in the comics.
Thanks. The Great Detective is the Batman that I'm most fond of not the grim avenger of the night or the anti-social extremist of the last decade of DC Comics, especially the Miller Bats.