View Single Post
Old October 27 2008, 06:27 PM   #231
Spaceman Spiff
Intrepid Explorer

Re: Hallowe'en Reading and Viewing, 2008!

Dark Harvest is a pretty good thrill the second time around. Less so with Halloweenland. It's not bad, but it's not as evocative of October as some of Sarrantonio's previous work, at least 100 pages in. But it's a really quick read, so I'm considering plowing through the rest of it tonight so I can hurry up and get to something else. Maybe From the Dust Returned.

RJDemonicus wrote: View Post
Yesterday, I frightened myself by watching Night Of The Ghouls. Alone.
Nice.

Now I'm reading a few stories from Children Of Cthulhu.
How is that? It pops up as a recommendation for me on Kindle now and then.

Turd Ferguson wrote: View Post
The Strangers was pretty creepy. I didn't jump at all, but my girlfriend did. I could imagine being freaked out if what happened to them happened to us. Definitely give it a watching
Will do. I don't know if I'll get to see it before Hallowe'en, but I'll definitely rent it soon.

Dread Central's got a glowing review of Trick 'r Treat, which just makes me all the more frustrated that Warner Brothers is just sitting on it. It was supposed to be released at Hallowe'en last year, and except for a few minor convention viewings, it hasn't been released at all. At first there were fears that it'd go straight to DVD, but so far it looks like WB isn't even doing that. As the review says:

For two years, the studio has refused to release this little gem, while it continues to crank out unwatchable bottom-of-the-barrel dreck like Return to House on Haunted Hill and Lost Boys: The Tribe.
The review makes it sound like loads of fun, and it makes me wish studios still did anthology-style horror flicks.