View Single Post
Old October 27 2008, 04:30 AM   #16
marknetprod
Ensign

Send a message via AIM to marknetprod Send a message via Yahoo to marknetprod
Re: I have an idea for a Star Trek Novel!

Thank you for your ideas thus far,

I don't know how to take down my e-mail, but, so much junk mail goes to that link, so I'll leave it on here.

I seriously want to write a Trek Novel, if Pocket Books won't buy my idea, I hope some other venue will present itself.

I have other writing projects so I need an Agent no matter what. I am too stubborn to give up on ALL of my writing projects.

Is there ONE Scotty Novel I should read that will give me insight into his character?

I already own TMP DVD and Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise.

I won't be using Guardian of Forever as a time travel element, the Gateways as shown in TNG is probably what I'm going to work with. I need to know who came up with it so I can write him/her. It reminds me of the Stargate from that SG-1 show.

Either the 25th or 30th Century would be in the prologue, taking place long after Star Trek X the movie.

I hope I am not copying Star Trek XI the movie, because I'm not going further back like that film has. I always loved the idea of a story taking place on the Enterprise during the 18 month refit after TOS leading up to TMP. It would be great to bring back Will Decker, Ilia, Xon, Rand, Uhura, Chekov, Sulu, and Scotty as the main characters.

I need advice and support from the established Trek Authors as I start constructing the Outline/Proposal.

I been writing for years but I haven't been a success at it, yet. I am determined to have some of my writing succeed however.

I don't care if I don't make millions but it never hurts to try for it!

Any help, advice, etc. is welcome. Please list ideas for me to pursue...

Markus McLaughlin
marknetproductions.wordpress.com
Hudson, MA, USA

Last edited by marknetprod; October 27 2008 at 04:32 AM. Reason: typos
marknetprod is offline   Reply With Quote