View Single Post
Old October 27 2008, 02:15 AM   #80
Nardpuncher
Rear Admiral

Re: Do you think I'd like Firefly?

Forbin wrote: View Post
Nardpuncher wrote: View Post
BUMP!

I just finished the Firefly movie (Serenity) and was very disappointed.
I just watched the TV show (all 14 episodes) for the first time this past month.
The movie had a negative tone
and didn't follow the Western motif they had in the TV show. Also, I personally can't stand movies where a woman is a sexy super-assassin...too fanboy. I'm sorry, but if you think Summer Glau is hot then...oh forget it.
Have you been watching the Terminator TV series? The girl cleans up REAL good! Summer can be hot as hell with very little effort. I'm beginning to think the real effort was to make her look so mousey on Firefly!

I agree the movie was WAY too dark in tone. Oddly enough, that's the way Whedon wanted the TV series to be before Fox execs made him tone it down. That's the ONLY thing I think Fox got right. Ever.
I heard that he wanted Mal to be more dour...but then from what you say then I'm glad Fox changed the show to the way it was.
I don't like Glau because as you said, she's too mousy. She looks like a 12 year-old. I rolled my eyes many times when they had that fanboy dream of a girl in black spining ang kicking. ugh.
Nardpuncher is offline   Reply With Quote