View Single Post
Old October 26 2008, 10:28 PM   #13
casey
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Star Trek: Destiny: Mere Mortals - SPOILER Thread

I finally was able to get it yesterday at Barnes and Noble. I sat down and read half of it in the store because I didn't want to wait. Then I got home and finished it.

Very good.

I particularly enjoyed the Erica Hernandez storyline. I had expected Destiny to be action packed and full of battles, but was pleasantly surprised to find such a touching personal examination of the experience of the four exiles.

I hated the last scene with Troi! And I mean hate in a good way. Ending the book with Troi being bitten by the Dr.! Frustrating because I wanted to know what was going on and why he did that.

The only thing that I had trouble with was the Hirogen scene. Now, I thought it was exceptionally well written, but it did seem kind of jarring and out of place, like I was just waiting for it to be over so I could get back to the action. I am going to keep and open mind though, because it could have some relevance in Lost Souls. And at any rate, it was not a major problem for me, just a little bit of slow down to the pace. It certainly wasn't enough to change my overall rating of the book, which is as high as it gets.

Yet another job well done!!

Now if I could only figure out who to bribe to get Lost Souls now!!