View Single Post
Old October 23 2008, 09:31 AM   #43
Pilot Ace
Captain

Re: Babylon 5 quotebook is finally here!

Changeling Jan wrote: View Post
What errors are those, Pilot Ace? I didn't notice anything glaring.

Jan
Quickly skimming through it again; things like on page 14, 4th paragraph, first sentence. "and read,," with the double comma. Page 12, 3rd paragraph, last sentence with the parenthesis, " ( I never...". These aren't Earth-shattering things, but for a relatively short $20 book (largely only compiling quotes with little original material) I expect a little better.

There was similar stuff that I saw earlier but don't leap out as I skim it now (the lateness of the night is likely not helping). Pretty sure there were more instances though.

Spacing throughout the book seems a little off too. Sometimes spaces between periods seem two or three times the length of other instances. Very odd and annoying... But, I admit that may just be me.

And I don't really understand how the organization of the quotes makes sense sometimes (unless it was just compiled hastily), there are instances of a different episode's quote in-between quotes from the same episode: offhand like on pages 38-40 when a quote from "Shadow Dancing" is placed between quotes from "And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place"... Pages 45-46 when the quote comes from "Intersections in Real Time" to "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars" back to "Intersections" and then again back to "Deconstruction" all in a row.

I'm starting to feel this particular book is not up to snuff when it comes to the quality and care placed into the others. This is especially disappointing considering the shorter length than the others, but still very similar price.

Admittedly though, I only briefly glanced at the Chronologies book and didn't take a good look at it. So, I can't really attest to the quality of that one yet.
Pilot Ace is offline   Reply With Quote