View Single Post
Old October 20 2008, 09:09 PM   #92
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Sigils and Unions--The Thirteenth Order

DavidFalkayn wrote: View Post
Nice. This will not be easy--what we saw here was just a lover's spat in comparison to what will probably lay ahead--you do not bury years of anger, bitterness, and hate overnight. My enemy's enemy' is my enemy's enemy--nothing more...nothing less.
It's definitely going to be interesting. I think we're going to have to see what effect the subsequent chain of events has on perspectives amongst the entire group.

Mistral wrote: View Post
A well-handled argument with a logical development of the commanding figures to boot. And thank you for the plug (blushes), I almost pulled the whole bit about the runaway UT situation. I was actually staring at it as I prepared to post that sequence, trying to decide if the usually kind but steely-eyed critics around here would shred me for it. Glad you think it worked-and I think your take on the UT is sensible, at least for the purposes of story-telling. It has a sort of elegance Mr. Spock would admire.
"To boot"...what an apt expression considering what Mike was doing at the time!

I'm glad to know their reactions came off as credible.

And you're welcome--you deserved it. There's no reason there can't be multiple UT theories, all well-crafted.

In the Sigils and Unions universe, there's probably also an age one has to reach before being allowed to get a UT implant in order to ensure that you are well set in your native language first. I'm not yet sure what that age is (could go all the way from 13 to 18, depending on what the science behind language acquisition is), but I kind of think there is one.

In this case, though, it means that as soon as Spirodopoulos actually started making an effort to learn any Cardăsda, the UT is now aiding him in that endeavor; he's almost bound to pick it up now. It's going to be interesting to watch that happen.