View Single Post
Old October 19 2008, 07:43 AM   #70
darthraidr
Commodore

Re: After BSG, B5, Firefly & Ds9... what's left?

Deadwood - Best show i've ever seen. dont read any spoilers or history and at least watch the first 5 episodes to see if you'll like it.

Friday Night Lights - another amazing show. the second season is rough and got hammered by the writers strike, but the acting and the writing are really strong. Anyways, the Saracen shower scene redeems the entire second season. Coach Eric Taylor and his wife are probably the best couple i've seen on television. very real.

Batman:TAS, Superman, Batman Beyond, Justice League, Justice League:Unlimited - amazing stories, awesome action. it's a universe that rarely recieves praise for having such strong stories and continuity that spans over 10 years. it's an amazing run.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - the cartoons, not the CG stuff. want to see jedi the way they should be... sure it might be over the top at times, but man is it awesome. in my opinion it is the only good thing to come out of the prequel trilogy. hell, at times it tops Empire and generally tops the original trilogy.

The 4400 - production values leave a lot to be desired at times, but the story is solid. it's also got some really good twists and turns along the way. i prefer it to heroes (heroes has people 'forget' how to use their powers or that they have powers way too often).

The Lost Room - a sci-fi mini series. a good sci-fi mini series. a really good sci-fi mini series. it's so good it shouldn't have been on the sci-fi channel (kinda like nBSG).

The Shield - cops trying to clean the streets of LA. this is a great show. great acting, great story... it just feels authentic. i actually couldnt sit through the first episode of the wire after having seen this show. the wire seemed too sterile and staged. (one day i'll revisit the wire)

Journeyman - sure it's like quantum leap, but it's better. it plays the premise more realistically, and it has some really cool twists.
darthraidr is offline   Reply With Quote