View Single Post
Old October 15 2008, 06:09 AM   #113
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: I have read Titan #1, #2, & #3...reading #4

Mr. Thorne:

I would like to make sure there was no confusion--I don't want you to think I was taking any sort of personal jab at you with my criticism of Sword of Damocles. It's true I didn't take well to the "A"-plot. However, the B-plot (Dakal's personal journey) definitely resonated. That character practically screamed to be fleshed out, and I'm glad you did. One of the most poignant parts of the end sequence was to see Dakal's consternation at not being able to find Jaza's body for burial.

One question, though...when someone else asked about it and he basically said, "It's a Cardassian thing; you wouldn't understand" (I paraphrase), did you see that as a stress reaction on his part, maybe an attempt to deflect a question that would've hurt him too much to answer at that time? Or did he really believe he wouldn't be able to explain it in a way that made sense to outsiders? (I ask that because you hear all the time of how it affects people right here in this world when there is no body to bury.)