View Single Post
Old October 15 2008, 02:27 AM   #7
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: Dexter season 1 **SPOILERS**

I just have to ask, how long did it take for you to figure out the identity of the ice truck killer?
I was spoiled on S1 before I made the decision to check it out, and my hunch is I wouldn't have figured it out very early, not even that rather blatant hospital room scene with the ice rink guard where they were yakking about how he could be in the room and the guy wouldn't know him, while Rudy was fitting him for prosthetics.

There's another Big Twist coming your way, incidentally, which also has been foreshadowed but I defy anyone to actually predict it based on that foreshadowing.

However! I did manage to figure out the big twists in S2 before the fact, having gone in basically unspoiled. That is all I will say about that till you get thru the S2 disks. I'll be curious to hear whether you also saw it coming.

Watch all of S1 before reading the first book in the series (Darkly Dreaming Dexter) since it spoils some of the S1 twists. In other ways, the book and TV series are very different, tho I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility that some of the book twists will appear in the TV series (one in particular I'd say is inevitable but not till they get to the last season or two).
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote