View Single Post
Old October 11 2008, 07:48 PM   #203
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion
Re: Hallowe'en Reading and Viewing, 2008!

^^ Almost three times that, unfortunately; it looks really good. That Inner Sanctum set will definitely be in my next Amazon order. And I'll see if Ginger Snaps might be on Fear.Net; I always like a good werewolf movie.

My Halloween reading plans have changed slightly; thanks to my brother, I suddenly find myself in possession of a mint copy of Return Of The Wolf Man. I'll be diving into that immediately.

I read the first two stories in Four Octobers, and both were very good. They're certainly evocative of boyhood in small town/suburban America in that era; the stories take place slightly before my time, 1957 and 1961 (the year I was born), but close enough to be very similar to my experience. The first one is shorter and oddly structured; it sort of hangs together, but leaves a lot unexplained. There's something odd about the second one, too, but I'm not going to spoil anything. Based on these two, I recommend reading the book.
Please stop by my Gallery and YouTube Page for a visit. And read Trunkards! And check out my Heroes essays.
RJDemonicus is offline   Reply With Quote