View Single Post
Old October 10 2008, 02:07 PM   #26
Jan
Commodore

Re: Babylon 5 quotebook is finally here!

The Gill-Man wrote: View Post
Bad Roon Rising wrote: View Post
Though I sincerely hope this volume is still the success that the other books have been, I'm actually going to pass on this one. The primary reason is because I've put together my own collection of quotes. Not that it's superior in any way, of course. One thing I wasn't sure about, will these quotes be only for those scripts that jms wrote, or does it include material from other script writers?
Everything Babylon 5 is open. That's what they said 7 years ago when this was started. It's not limited to just jms. Heck, it wasn't limited to just the series proper, it also had the movies and Crusade.

I'll have my copy, that's for darn sure. I've been wanting this since it was announced in 2001.
So have I.

Keep in mind that while this book started 7 years ago, the end product may not be the same as was planned back then and it was never intended to be a definitive work. What it is, is the favorite quotes from B5 (not including Crusade) chosen by fans who wrote in when JMS asked for them.

The Gill-Man wrote:
I'll only say this: "What is built endures. And what is loved endures. And Babylon 5... Babylon 5 endures."
Yeah, what you quoted!

Jan
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote