View Single Post
Old October 10 2008, 01:42 PM   #39
Bob The Skutter
The Revd's Oldman

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: After BSG, B5, Firefly & Ds9... what's left?

Grim Squeal wrote: View Post
Fuck sake, how did I get them mixed up.
After I read your post I had to go look it up, to make sure I was right.

The channel will spend an eight-figure sum on the productions, all adaptations of books, during 2008/9. Additionally, it is setting up a 1m development fund for various other HD projects.

The first of the trio is a novel by former SAS man Chris Ryan, Strike Back, about a British military hero and a fallen war veteran now living rough in London. The pair used to know each other and are reunited by a Middle East hostage crisis. Indie Left Bank Pictures is making six hour-long episodes.

Children's book Skellig, by David Almond, is also on Sky One's list. It tells the story of a young boy called Michael, whose sister is seriously ill, and a magical creature called Skellig living in his garage. A two-hour television version is being made by Feel Films.

The third production will be previously-announced Terry Pratchett adaptation Going Postal.