View Single Post
Old October 10 2008, 01:42 PM   #39
Bob The Skutter
Complete Arse Cleft

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: After BSG, B5, Firefly & Ds9... what's left?

Grim Squeal wrote: View Post
Fuck sake, how did I get them mixed up.
After I read your post I had to go look it up, to make sure I was right.

The channel will spend an eight-figure sum on the productions, all adaptations of books, during 2008/9. Additionally, it is setting up a 1m development fund for various other HD projects.

The first of the trio is a novel by former SAS man Chris Ryan, Strike Back, about a British military hero and a fallen war veteran now living rough in London. The pair used to know each other and are reunited by a Middle East hostage crisis. Indie Left Bank Pictures is making six hour-long episodes.

Children's book Skellig, by David Almond, is also on Sky One's list. It tells the story of a young boy called Michael, whose sister is seriously ill, and a magical creature called Skellig living in his garage. A two-hour television version is being made by Feel Films.

The third production will be previously-announced Terry Pratchett adaptation Going Postal.
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
Bob The Skutter is offline   Reply With Quote