View Single Post
Old October 10 2008, 09:45 AM   #199
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: Hallowe'en Reading and Viewing, 2008!

Spookman Spiff wrote: View Post
I'll have to check, but I think "The Fog Horn" is in The October Country. I'm pretty sure, anyway. That book's great reading for this time of year, either way.
It looks like it's in The Golden Apples Of The Sun, which means I have read it. I'll dig it out today, if it's not packed away.

I think Mad Monster Party is definitely going to get a viewing this weekend. As is the recent collector's edition of Pumpkinhead, which was the only movie to be directed by the late Stan Winston. I saw the old, crappily printed DVD about six or seven months ago, and I was surprised at how well it held up. Since they were putting the DVD together when he died, they've got a little tribute to him on there, too.
I just saw Pumpkinhead on Fear.Net not long ago; it was pretty good-- very atmospheric production.

For classic stuff, I can't believe I forgot to mention this to you of all people before, but I picked up the Inner Sanctum Mysteries collection. I'll actually be kind of surprised if you don't have this one already, since it's just a nice collection of hour-long movies starring Lon Chaney, Jr., all based on the radio show of the same name.
That looks great, and is now added to my Shopping Cart. Nice batch of guest stars working with Chaney on those.