View Single Post
Old October 7 2008, 06:01 PM   #73
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Sigils and Unions--The Thirteenth Order

TheLoneRedshirt wrote: View Post
Well, the cards have been laid on the table for all to see. Spirodopoulos finds himself in an almost untenable position - to escape the planet and get back into the fight against the Dominion, he must collaborate with these Cardassians.

Can he persuade the Starfleet contingent? It will be a very tough sell, particularly with Folani, but somehow I think Spirodopoulos is up to the challenge.

Very fine segment!
DavidFalkayn wrote: View Post
Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place--for all concerned. You've set up the stage nicely here.
Thanks!

I figured it would have to be a TOUGH position to be in. Compounding it for Spirodopoulos is the fact that he's never held a command of his own. I mean, he has managing experience, but there's a big difference between that and outright having command. Now it's him and these four guls. Heck, the two glinns probably outrank him too. (I think Spirodopoulos is probably a dalin-equivalent.) And now he has THIS to grapple with.

This is a big gamble for the Cardassians, too. I mean, they've gotten burned by supposed allies before, just recently. And there are still mutual bad attitudes between the Cardassians and the Federation; the resentments never really died, on either side. There's a reason Macet is familiar with the word "Cardie."

(BTW, I caught a small inconsistency last night--Macet should've been having difficulty pronouncing "San Francisco." I guess we can just assume Spirodopoulos was too stunned by the news to notice, and that it was more conspicuous later when Macet did it twice in a row.)