View Single Post
Old October 7 2008, 06:04 AM   #203
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Location: Redmond, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe
View EliyahuQeoni's Twitter Profile
Re: Greater Than The Sum Review *** POTENTIAL SPOILERS ***

I just read GTTS a few days ago and loved it! I've been a fan of Christopher's writing since reading Ex Machina and was not disappointed. Before Dishoner left me very flat, especially coming after the, imo, very strong Q & A, but GTTM was a great follow up which picked up on the good developments from the previous book and used them to great advantage. While this book did use the Borg, it didn't seem like a "Borg story." Rather it seemed that the Borg were the McGuffin that allowed Christopher to tell a great story about these characters. The developments with Picard and Crusher were great, as it really felt like they were growing as people in ways that characters in TV shows are rarely allowed to do.

And add me to the list of people who thought that "family" was one of the main themes of the book
"Canon is only important to certain people because they have to cling to their knowledge of the minutiae. Open your mind! Be a Star Trek fan and open your mind and say, 'Where does Star Trek want to take me now'." - Leonard Nimoy
EliyahuQeoni is offline   Reply With Quote