View Single Post
Old October 5 2008, 08:55 PM   #109
Marie1
Rear Admiral

Re: Borg or Dominion??

rofeta wrote: View Post
^ We saw rebellious Jem'Hadar in the Gamma Quadrant too. There was the First that killed his commanding Vorta (Weyoun), something another Jem'Hadar put down to a lack of discipline. Then the Jem'Hadar that was free of the white and took his men to free them from the white. Plus the Karemma were willing to defy the Dominion and trade with the Federation. The Dominion does seem to be very delicately balanced. What psychological effects would the loss in the Alpha Quadrant have on the Jem'Hadar and Vorta?
Well, a lot of the planets in the Dominion are forced to be in it, so they fight from time to time and have to be put down. But S4L brought up an interesting point... and one of my fav DS9 episodes. The Jem'hadar are very good at using bladed weapons, so much so that it would probably be easy for them to hack away at Borg. Or stand at a distance and throw knives. Or shroud and take them out... And the Borg need humanoids etc. to increase their numbers, the Jem'hadar can be hatched in a matter of days, and there are already millions of them... so I'm guessing the Dominion can recoup. faster. I'd take a Jem'hadar over a borg any day... ick.
Vote: RA Avatar Contest #21!
"He sings lounges? I'm not familiar with that musical form."
-Taran'atar, DS9-R Mission Gamma 3 --Save Taran'atar!
Marie1 is offline   Reply With Quote