View Single Post
Old October 4 2008, 06:15 AM   #27
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Re: Is anyone else sick of the junk coming out of both Marvel and DC?

I don't think its too bad for either but I will admit that I haven't been impressed by Secret Invasion or Final Crisis. I like SI better because at least I know the principal characters. To get FC it seems you really have be steeped in DC lore, which I am not.

That being said I think both companies do have some good stuff out now:
Marvel
-Captain America is pretty good. I hope they keep Steve Rogers in the morgue. Bucky rocks.
-Thor is good, though JMS is going very slow with it.
-Red Hulk has been pretty good. Haven't read the last book, and it was starting to fade a little around book 4. However, I've never been a big fan of Hulk comics but this one kept my attention. World War Hulk was also good.
-I think Moon Knight, Black Panther, and New Warriors are okay. Daredevil still seems to be going well, though I am far from a regular reader of it.

DC
-Superman's Brainiac arc is good.
-Batman RIP is uneven, but still intriguing. I'm finding myself liking the side stories of RIP rather than Morrison's work, which veers into the wierd a bit too much for my tastes.
-I like Justice League. I really enjoyed the Amazo story recently-I would love to see this villian in a film someday-and the new Vixen storyline is interesting.
-I also like Batman and the Outsiders. I don't read them all the time, but those books aren't bad. The new Titan series is okay too.
-The Vertigo line has been okay, well at least Y: The Last Man (though I didn't like how the story concluded)

What I dislike:

Marvel: I hate One More Day/Brand New Day. Terrible direction for Spidey, though the artwork is good. And I give them credit for introducing a new slew of villians. I just can't get into the X-Men anymore. I think they've been overexposed and I find their stories to be far too convoluted.

DC: I don't like Flash's family, it just reminds me of the Incredibles. In one way it's good to see evolution with the character, but something about it just doesn't work for me.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote