View Single Post
Old October 3 2008, 10:39 PM   #17
Bob The Skutter
Admiral

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: Sanctuary Coming To SciFi....WTF?!?!?

Temis the Menace wrote: View Post
DWF wrote: View Post
DontFeedPhil wrote: View Post
Ill second that. Why even bother if you cant pull it off at all. She just sounds stupid...
Well she was born in England but it's been along time since she's been there.
A good actor would be able to pull it off if they'd never set foot in England. It's their job to be able to do that.

I can't stand actors like that girl on Fringe or Linc on Prison Break who botch American accents gratingly so I agree with the general sentiment that if an actor can't hack an accent, they should go with their natural one (tho in the case of Linc, I guess that would be difficult with his backstory.)

I don't have high expectations for Sanctuary but I'll watch as much of it as I can stomach. I have a feeling accents will be the least of it...
I bought the internet episodes last year, they were an interesting start, but I don't think they're any where near the quality you look for in a TV show. It has promise, but unless it's drastically changed for TV it seems fairly Stargate in it's level of quality. I'm not sure if there's any good enough looking guys to keep your attention either. So, I don't think you'll be watching long.