View Single Post
Old October 3 2008, 10:35 AM   #95
A Clockwork Lim
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Sci-fi Brilliant but Canceled or little known gems

G vs. E (later renamed Good vs. Evil) is definately at the top of my list. Great characters, great story, charismatic actors. Was just a brilliant show. Sadly, it's name is probably it's biggest downfall. It's almost impossible to find it on most search engines, especially the cheap ones sites like Amazon.com uses. I love the reason they drove around in an orange Volvo, too. And the fact that the very same reason ends up being rendered moot a few scenes later. To top it all off, they had a character named Mistress Hector. How could that not be friggin' amazing? Absolutely classic series.

I really liked Miracles, too. I think someone else mentioned it as well. Was disappointed when it was shot down before it really got a chance to blossom.

Another I absolutely adored was The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.. It was a wonderful combination of steampunk western, futuristic sci-fi, and Asian mysticism all wrapped up into one. And it had Bruce Campbell. I mean, come on. I think my favorite character on the show was Comet the Wonder Horse, especially the episode where he got flustered that Brisco would dare take a motorcycle over him so, intent on beating him to the destination, Comet took a train and tried to act all smug about winning. At least until Brisco found the train ticket. XD

I'm so easily amused.

Last edited by A Clockwork Lim; October 3 2008 at 10:47 AM.
A Clockwork Lim is offline   Reply With Quote