View Single Post
Old October 1 2008, 10:16 PM   #38
Neroon
Mod of balance

Re: Halloween Costume Thread!

Shaw wrote: View Post
Kestra wrote: View Post
That's kind of why I don't like Halloween anymore, when it used to be one of my favorite holidays. I don't particularly like putting on lingerie and one or two accessories and calling it a costume. And since college, it seems like that's what most of the girls do at the parties I attend. " Look, I'm wearing practically nothing but I've got these irritating wings on that leave glitter all over the place! I must be a fairy!"

Or maybe I'm just bitter because I can't pull it off.
I wouldn't worry too much about those types of girls if I were you. You're married to someone who loves and adores you, which means you've got the type of genuine attention and affection that those other girls haven't realized yet. I would think that being the object of someone's momentary desire is a pale substitute for what you have. Besides... with your hubby there's TWO of you, and the possibilities increase. I'm hoping to see someone as Sarah Palin and Michael Palin. Or somehow work in a "palindrome" pun.

If it doesn't work out, well... there's always that Batgirl costume for a private showing. .

... At least that is how I hope I make my wife feel every day.
QFT.

Those girls are taking the easy way out, completely lacking in any kind of creativity and, eventually, reputation. This may not be Halloween, but whenever we go to a convention the people who get the most positive attention are those who obviously put some thought into their creation. OKay, granted you shouldn't spend all that much coin for a couple of hours on one night, but that doesn't mean you have to drift into boredom. The newspapers are full of current costume ideas that likely won't cost much except a bit of time and effort.
- Proverbs 12:20
Neroon is offline   Reply With Quote