View Single Post
Old October 1 2008, 09:01 AM   #24
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Re: Halloween Costume Thread!

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
Or, you know, you could just stick to standard: pick something and make it sexy. Sexy bumble bee, sexy devil, sexy police car, sexy Jesus...
That's kind of why I don't like Halloween anymore, when it used to be one of my favorite holidays. I don't particularly like putting on lingerie and one or two accessories and calling it a costume. And since college, it seems like that's what most of the girls do at the parties I attend. " Look, I'm wearing practically nothing but I've got these irritating wings on that leave glitter all over the place! I must be a fairy!"

Or maybe I'm just bitter because I can't pull it off.

I'm going to two parties this year, and I've got two costumes. I'm definitely going to be Red Riding Hood for one, as it's cute enough, but not ridiculously skimpy. Plus I think my husband wouldn't mind dressing up as the Big Bad Wolf, and that would be fun. The other costume I really like is a Bat-Girl outfit, but I'm worried that'd be a bit too nerdy for that particular crowd of people. I'll post pictures if there are any where I look decent.