View Single Post
Old September 30 2008, 05:15 PM   #186
Christopher
Writer

Re: Greater Than The Sum Review *** POTENTIAL SPOILERS ***

o'brien's scotch wrote: View Post
I see your point. I did enjoy his reunion and interaction with Hugh. Good stuff there. I guess my frustration is his lack of development throughout all of the TNG-R books. Picard, Crusher, and Worf have all gone through significant life develpments, whether it be personal or professional. I guess part of me just wants to see all the remaining members of the old guard move forward.
Ahh, but note that Geordi is showing frustration about the very same thing in GTTS. Which is the first step toward doing something about it.

BTW, I really did like you handling of Picard's thinking in terms of finding replacements for Ops, Science, Counselling, and Dipolmacy. The man had it made with Data and Deanna, and those two were built for multi-tasking (primarily for the realm of television writing). His approach for selecting the new people in those positions was well thoughout. Kudos.
Thanks. When I was told I needed to replace T'Lana and Leybenzon, I realized I didn't just want to do the same thing over again. The new security chief had already been decided on, but I wondered if there was some alternative to plugging yet another counselor into the bridge crew. And that led me to the realization that there was good reason not to try to recapture the same structure as before.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote