View Single Post
Old September 25 2008, 11:19 PM   #5
BrotherBenny
Rear Admiral

View BrotherBenny's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BrotherBenny Send a message via Yahoo to BrotherBenny
Re: New Trek Descriptions in PB Spring '09 Catalog Desiny/Post De Spoi

JD wrote: View Post
A Singular Destiny:
The Destiny trilogy changed the Star Trek universe, devastating worlds and lives from every series. Now, the fallout of that apocalyptic saga is viewed through the eyes of an all-new character: Sonek Pran is an outsider, a man who can go places and get things done that no one else can. When events threatening to undermine the galaxy’s attempts to heal itself become increasingly widespread, Sonek’s investigation leads him to uncover a challenge to the Federation and its allies utterly unlike anything they have faced before.
This sounds like a proper Jason Bourne-like thriller, Trek-style. I am most definitely looking forward to it.

Over A Torrent Sea:
In the aftermath of the shocking crossover trilogy Destiny, Titan’s return to its mission of exploration leads to the discovery of an astounding new world with a complex ecosystem unlike anything Captain Riker and his crew have encountered before. At the same time, while one father mourns the tragic loss of a child, another looks for hope as a longawaited birth draws near.
I'm guessing that the death referred to is the younger of the two children on Titan, tragic but an interesting story to tell against the backdrop of a true pelagic world.

Full Circle:
Following the events of Destiny, the broken and weary crew of the starship Voyager is reunited to spearhead a mission they are uniquely qualified to undertake. But even the efforts of its new Captain to revitalize this wounded crew may not be enough see the mission through, for the journey is paved with blood and deep scars that will not fade...and populated with ghosts from the past.
This sounds so bland and I think we'll find that this is total BS by the time real blurb comes out.

Treason:

Jumping ahead three years from the events depicted in Missing in Action, tensions within the New Thallonian Protectorate are at a fever pitch following the murder of Prime Minister Si Cwan. The sudden power vacuum will have far-reaching ramifications for Captain Mackenzie Calhoun, the crew of the USS Excalibur, and all of Sector 221-G itself....
This is nonsense and says nothing to entice me. Feels like the same thing that was on the pre-blurb for the last book with a few words moved around. But I'll get the book anyway, I'm trekkie

Open Secrets:

Following the events of Reap the Whirlwind, this new novel takes the ongoing saga to a whole new level as a new commander assumes control of Starbase 47—while the old one stands trial for treason. Meanwhile, the station’s intelligence officer fights for her life and her very mind, as tensions with the Klingons escalate into all-out war.
This does sound cool though.

My blog / My crime stories
BrotherBenny is offline   Reply With Quote