View Single Post
Old September 22 2008, 11:12 PM   #13
Data Holmes
Admiral

Re: Braga's 'Flash Forward' Heads To ABC

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
hutt359 wrote: View Post
OmahaStar wrote: View Post
It's just too bad Braga's involved. Shitty crapfests are his specialty. No matter how good it sounds at first, it'll suck by the time it hits the page. I'll be avoiding this one.
Threshold, the TV show not the Voy eps, was not that bad at all. I think it just didn't have time to catch it's legs.
It was too cliche-ridden but the premise was intriguing and the cast was good. I doubt the writing would have improved - it was consistently mediocre - but I was willing to watch it for a while.

And I'm willing to give this new show a shot. In any case, there's some debate whether this is "Braga's" like is being touted.
JonathonWally wrote: View Post
hutt359 wrote: View Post
OmahaStar wrote: View Post
It's just too bad Braga's involved. Shitty crapfests are his specialty. No matter how good it sounds at first, it'll suck by the time it hits the page. I'll be avoiding this one.
Threshold, the TV show not the Voy eps, was not that bad at all. I think it just didn't have time to catch it's legs.
It went from a pretty good pilot with extraordinary ideas and visuals, with some potential for greatness and went completely pedestrian and paint by numbers within 2 episodes.
Both of you are correct, and I think it goes into a little of who Braga is. He is a great "Idea" guy, but needs others to help in it's execution. In this sense he's similar to GR. Gene was best as the head of a creative team, but when left unchecked he tended to not have the best results. This is why Braga and Moore were such a great team.

I think that the big killer was Berman. The man was tired and a glory hound, and I think he fucked up by breaking up the Braga and Moore team. Braga was the more "easily" controlled of the two so Berman shunted Moore off to DS9 and took Braga over to voyager to cultivate him like he did GR in the early days of TNG.

I really think that had Berman been keept in the "high office" and ran the franchise as more of a GM incharge of money and dealing with the corporate office overhead, and left the creative control and day to day show running to B&M, and the other "writer/producers" of DS9 and Voyager, trek wouldn't have been in the sorry state it was with enterprise.