View Single Post
Old September 22 2008, 09:24 AM   #26
Bob The Skutter
Complete Arse Cleft

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: Merlin on BBC1 (SPOILERS)

Starkers wrote: View Post
I was wary about this given the Beb's ridiculous plan to reinvent every major character as a 16 year old and given how poor Robin Hood was and the fact that it was such a radical reinvention.

I was pleasantly surprised. It isn't brilliant, and to be honest I don't think it'll become brilliant- but it was entertaining, and the chemistry/banter between Merlin and Athur was nicely done, if that remains the focus then I think it might succeed. Hopefully every episode won't revolve around Merlin having to save Arthur from 'plot of the week'
I don't get all the hate for Robin Hood, I know it's not great or anything, and the plots generally end up with the same sequence of events, but it's not a bad way to kill 45 minutes on a saturday night, especially when the alternative is so Ant and Dec filled pap, or X-Factor. But maybe I just think that because my nieces enjoy it, and I watch it with them.

As I said in the thread a while back, I don't care that they're "reinventing" the legend. The legend will endure longer than the show will even last in peoples ADD memories, as long as it's entertaining I'll keep watching. And I thought the first episode was good set up, and enjoyable enough to keep me tuning in.
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
Bob The Skutter is offline   Reply With Quote