View Single Post
Old September 14 2008, 04:55 AM   #43
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: I have read Titan #1, #2, & #3...reading #4

Hm...I was very happy with the first three books of the Titan series--but I had a lot of trouble with Sword of Damocles. It's not that I don't like books with a lot going on in them, or that I don't like time travel plots (First Frontier, for instance, RULED) but I found it too fragmented and the main plot rather uninteresting for some reason. The one thing about it that really stuck out, though, and that I am very glad the author did, was to really explore the idea of Jaza as mentor to a Cardassian: Dakal is a character I was VERY glad to see get a lot more airtime, and I could really root for him where for some reason I didn't really feel as much for the other characters. What I felt for Jaza--although normally I've really liked him all around--I really had to experience through Dakal this time to make the connection.

I am very much hoping the fifth Titan book will pick up, quality-wise, where the first three left off, bring Dakal further into the main circle of characters, and otherwise not really acknowledge Sword of Damocles any more than necessary.